Monday, October 26, 2009

Gas Is Back!

Well, the gas crisis has ended in Ndola. As quickly as it came, it went away. It was anticlimactic and disappointing. I wanted the drama, but I guess no drama is better than waiting a day in line for gas.

In other news, I went to a new church service by myself yesterday. The only problem was that I did not know this service was only in Bemba (the tribal language) . Therefore, I sat on a wooden bench for three hours listening to a language I don't know. I tried to pick out the words that I do know- Jesus, grace, hello, thank you, etc.... There was one song that continually said "Thank you, Jesus!" I was pumped to understand! All the other times I have to be honest, but I zoned out. The one time they did speak in English was when they had the guests stand up. At which time they said, "I see one in the back. Let's have all of our guests stand up as we greet them." I am pretty sure they said that in Bemba before they said it in English. But when I did not move, they decided to use English to get a response out of me. Well, here is to visiting a church next week that I can understand. Peace and love!

No comments:

Post a Comment