Saturday, October 31, 2009

Caterpillars :(

We arrived back in Ndola today. We did not go through the Congo this time but took the long way through Zambia. There were not as many potholes in the roads; therefore, it was a much more enjoyable ride than the one through the Congo. Nothing much more to report than the fact that the fuel crisis is not over. The outer reaches of Zambia still do not have fuel; therefore, we had to carry 35 liters of fuel in containers in the back of our truck. Even with all that fuel, we barely had enough to make it back to Ndola.

One thing that you realize is that there are no guarantees in Zambia. Even the simplest activities are adventures. In other news, it is caterpillar season. I don’t just mean that you see caterpillars everywhere. I mean that it is time to harvest and eat them. I have had them before, and I don’t want them again. Caterpillars were being sold all along the road in rural Zambia and now they are showing up in the markets in Ndola. For some reason they are a delicacy in Zambia.

2 comments:

  1. \___/-.--.--.--.--.--.
    (^_^)_)__)__)__)__)__)
    I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I

    Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. maybe you should integrate "the hungry caterpillar" into the curriculum.

    ReplyDelete