Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Fuel Shortage

New developments in life: There is a fuel shortage in Zambia. Yippee!!! Who knows how long it will continue, but I have three fourths of a tank of gas. That should last me a week and a half. People literally park their cars along the road to reserve their spot in line for fuel and then leave the car. Sometimes the lines are over half a mile long. Next time I go by a gas station I will have to get a picture for you. Also, people now just congregate around the gas station as if they just think that fuel is going to magically appear out of the ground. It would be sweet if it did, but having a work oriented mindset when I drive past I always think to myself, "Is there nothing better for people to do?" I guess not is the answer to that question.

The government says that fuel is coming, but nobody trusts what the government says. I believe the shortage is the result of a problem at the oil refinery in the country. There is only one refinery so when something happens to that one refinery you are going to have problems. I think this is the reason. I can't say this is the reason with 100% certainty because no one has given me an answer to that question with conveyed 100% certainty. I just listened to a radio special on the situation, and they did not even address the cause of the shortage during the ten minute program. Either it is assumed that everybody knows the cause or nobody knows the cause. I am praying that it is assumed everybody but me knows the cause. We could be in a lot of trouble if nobody knows the cause. Peace and love until my car runs out of gas and I have to sit in line for a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment