Friday, October 9, 2009

Free Books!!!

Today I went to purchase books for a few of my schools. A person in the United States sent money over to purchase the books. This is a desperate need because some of my teachers before now did not even have a single book from which to teach. It is definitely a sad state.

Anyway, I ran around Ndola today finding different books. The books that my teachers teach out of are student practice books. Until today I had never seen a "teacher edition." Well, I purchased most of the books from one store and then went around trying to find some other resources that the first store did not have. I ended up going back to the first store, and when I started looking at the books again they handed me a bunch of books for free. They also started handing me free teacher editions. I never told them what I was doing, but they kept handing me free stuff. Why they did not just give me all the free stuff the first time I came into their store I don't know, but I don't really care. The bottom line is that I came away with twice as many books as I should have. It will be a happy day when they receive the books next week!

1 comment:

  1. Wow. You have some bizarre stories to tell. What great news for these teachers!

    ReplyDelete