Friday, October 30, 2009

A Day in Samfya


My day spent in Samfya was very enjoyable. There are four American missionaries here; therefore, it was very fun to converse with them. I spent the day talking to them about life in Samfya and talking to their education coordinator. The education coordinator and I had a pleasant time exchange ideas.


Samfya life is a lot different from Ndola life. Their power and water supply is sporadic, and the missionaries have to drive an hour and a half just to go to the grocery store. Their grocery store is not as good as mine and is missing many basic necessities. I am definitely lucky to be living in Ndola where I can get most anything I need.

The missionaries house is located in one of the most beautiful places in Zambia that I have seen. It sits on top of a bluff that overlooks the lake. Last night we sat outside eating our dinner and watched the storms form over the lake. A night like that is a welcome break from the city life of Ndola. In all it has been a very productive and relaxing trip. The guys here are doing so much to transform the town of Samfya. Whether it is helping the people start farms or grow chickens or providing educational supplies, there are constant projects focussed on raising the quality of life in Samfya.


1 comment: