Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Termites :(

Try this for a food that many Zambians like to eat: TERMITES. Supposedly, a specific type of termite comes out during the rainy season, and they are a delicacy. It is amazing the things people consider delicacy. In some places you have snails (escargo) and squid (calimari), but in Zambia we have caterpillars and termites. Whatever happened to a good piece of chocolate cake? Can't we consider that a delicacy because I have not seen one of those in a very long time? Plus, it tastes a lot better than termites and caterpillars. I have eaten caterpillars, but I will not be seeking out the termites. I just think that if a little bug can destroy a wood house then it can probably destroy me if I put it in my body. Call me crazy, but that is just my thought process.


In other news my mother wants a picture of me on my blog. Not much has changed except the fact that I keep my hair short, and I also keep a goatee. Unfortunately, my blog will not allow me to upload pictures at this moment. When it does I will be sure to upload one. Peace!

3 comments:

  1. How about a picture of you eating a termite?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure wish I could send you that chocolate cake...is there anything you need that I can send you? when will you be home and how long will you be there? I know your family misses you but are very proud of you....what about pre-school books? Can I send some picture books?

    ReplyDelete