Monday, September 7, 2009

When Is A Queen Not A Queen?

So I moved into my new apartment this weekend, but two things were wrong. First of all, I still don't have electricity. For the past two weeks, they were supposed to turn on the power. Whoops!!! That did not happen!!! For the time being, I am staying in another guest house. Martha Temfwe is going to the power company today to see what the problem is. They are hopeful the power will be turned on today, but I am not holding my breath. Secondly, I went to put my mattress on my bed and the mattress was to long for the bed frame. Both of them were supposed to be queen sized. The mattress and the bed frame were bought at different stores, but evidently there is no standardization of size. Concerning both of these issues, Lawrence Temfwe said "This is Africa!" Unfortunately, I feel like I am saying that entirely too much.

Well, personally, I am doing good. This past Saturday was hard because it was the first day of college football, and I could not watch a darn thing. All I was thinking about on Saturday was football and how for the past six years of my life I planned my work around watching certain football games. Well, I guess that I will have to find a new passion over here. Alright, I am off to figure out how to get a bed long enough to fit my mattress. Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment