Thursday, September 3, 2009

Pictures (Sort of!) and Meeting Results












Well, imagine the fact that I forgot my camera once again when I went to Mapalo. So, no pictures of the compound or schools in which I will be working. I promise that those will come next week though as I will spend three days observing the schools. I felt so bad about not taking pictures that I post three random pictures I took a few minutes ago. The first one is driving through downtown Ndola. The second one is the car that I just purchased today. That is a Toyota Carina for anyone interested. I have never heard of the car before, but it runs well and gets me from place to place. The third one is of the "park" across the street from the Jubilee Centre. As you may notice in the picture all of the land is burned. This is the way that Zambians control weeds. They burn everything to keep it down. Alright, I promise that pictures of the compounds are coming at the beginning of next week.

I am very excited after the meeting. It went great! The school leaders and pastors were very excited about the program, and they welcomed me into their community. There are still many challenges, as I am sure that I will find out at the beginning of next week, but this is a very big step into getting this program off the ground. Nobody has ever worked with these schools and actually cared to get them what they deserve. You could hear that tone in their voice, but you could also hear the excitement in their voice over the possibilities. I pray that we are not creating a white man savior mentality. I don't think that we are but you always have to be aware of those things here. Alright, I have to go but peace!

2 comments:

  1. Sweet ride.

    I would forgive you for the pictures if you posted a video of you "ghost riding the whip" down a secured Ndola street.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Dave, that car is so sad looking! How bad do you want me to ship ole Bessie over to you?

    ReplyDelete