Monday, September 21, 2009

I just want to cook!

In other news, it has been three straight days with power outages starting at 5 p.m. every night. The power comes on again about 8 or 9 p.m. I don’t mind the no lights situation (I actually enjoy it), but it makes cooking difficult/ impossible. Lawrence said that last year this happened every night for five months. We will see what happens, but hopefully the trend does not continue.


The beginning of this week will be spent observing schools again, and then we have our first teacher training meeting on Wednesday at 2:30 p.m. This first meeting will entail introductions and going over our October schedule. The program is actually getting off the ground which is great.


On Thursday I will be traveling to Lusaka, the capital of Zambia. My father and his team from the states will be arriving on Friday in Lusaka. For a week they will be doing medical missions in one of the compounds of Lusaka. I will spend next week with them helping with their program. I am very excited to see my father, to spend time with the team, and to get American goodies for a week (like gatorade mix, yippeee!!!!).

1 comment:

  1. Sorry I missed talking this week. Have fun with your dad, and I can't wait to hear about your first few training days.

    ReplyDelete