Monday, May 31, 2010

The Family In Ndola



My family has been in Ndola for the last three days. Tomorrow, we leave for Victoria Falls and then onto Botswana. My family has throughly enjoyed seeing the communities in which the Jubilee Centre works while experience life in Ndola. We have also had some time to just relax and enjoy life together which has been good since I have not seen them in nine months.


Two notable things have happened since they have been in Zambia. First, I am still evidently a terrible driver because I received two more traffic tickets this past Thursday, one for speeding and one for careless driving (two separate incidents. Who gets two different tickets on the same day?). That is 4 tickets since I have been in Zambia versus 1 ticket for 9 years driving in the States. Really? Has my driving changed that much over the past nine months? I think that they are out to get me.


Second, this morning (Sunday) we thought we were just going to church at one of the Jubilee Centre network churches. As we walked into church, the pastor asked me, “Who is preaching, you or Lawrence (Temfwe, the executive director of the Jubilee Centre)?” I responded, “Well Lawrence is not here, and I cannot get in touch with him on his phone.” The pastor then says, “Great! You are preaching in ten minutes then. Five minutes of preparation and then I gave a 45 minute sermon. To tell you the truth, I am not surprised by these things anymore. For five minutes of preparation, I think the sermon went well. Now, my family is onto Livingstone, Zambia and Botswana. More updates will come..


(The pictures of are my family with the orphan they sponsor in Mapalo, at a friend’s house, and one of Brittany being swarmed by the children.)

No comments:

Post a Comment