Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Life Changes

So I have been thinking a lot lately about changes I have made in my life because of my experience in Zambia. Let me start with the biggest and most significant. I ONLY WEAR ONE SHIRT! O.k. I have to admit that I still wear one undershirt and a collared shirt sometimes, but many times I wear a collared shirt without an undershirt. For those of you who don’t know me, this is a BIG change in my lifestyle.


Ever since 7th grade, I have worn at least two shirts at all times. Most times I wore three shirts, and sometimes I wore four if I wore a sweater. My brother and many others have relentlessly made fun of me for this freak characteristic. Wearing at least two shirts always made me feel safe. It was a way of being prepared for any freak accidents that could happen in a day. It was also a fashion deal for me. I would always match my undershirt with some part of my outer clothing. Sometimes I matched it with the Polo man on my outer shirt. Other times I would match my undershirt and my flip flops. Other days I would wear three shirts and all of them would match in some way. I know that now that I was being ridiculous. It was a big deal for me, but those days are over.


After all of these years it has finally gotten too hot to wear two shirts. One day I wore a collared shirt without an undershirt, and I really enjoyed it. Therefore, I started doing it more often and actually dread some days when I have to wear an undershirt. What’s next? No shirt? No comment.


In all seriousness, I have been thinking about the changes I have/ will make because of my experience in Zambia. This is just the first one that popped into my head. I promise to write about some serious changes soon.

2 comments:

  1. I've also been wearing my shirts tucked in most of the time at work.

    Imagine that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. David,
    wearing a collared shirt w/ no undershirt is gross.
    Also, I never knew they matched... that makes it weirder...

    -Will

    ReplyDelete