Wednesday, January 13, 2010

A Slow Beginning to January

Ok. I admit that I have not blogged in a while. There is one main reason for that. To be honest nothing that interesting is happening. Life has settled into a routine. Since being back from Kenya, I have settled back into visiting schools, writing curriculum, and presenting sessions to teachers. I wish there was more to report, but that is life as I know it.


Culture shock was not as bad as I expected coming back from Kenya even though I think the potholes in Ndola are getting bigger. I met with a few teachers yesterday about writing long-term plans for their school year. They had tried to write their plans but were stuck on a few things. It was exciting because I was once told by another missionary in Ndola that I could never get these teachers to write long-term or daily lesson plans. I am happy to report that my teachers are constantly proving that lady wrong.


In other news though I encourage you to look and think about this story. It concerns a law in Uganda that will kill and imprison homosexuals. The law has been making headlines in the United States press for the past couple of months; therefore, you may have heard about the controversy. Even though the sponsors of the law are Christians, I personally deem the law un-Christian and am saddened by its existence. Presently, Lawrence Temfwe and I are writing a short response to the African church regarding this law. I will be sure to post it when we are done.


http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2010/01/08/world/AP-AF-Uganda-Gay-Death-Penalty.html

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2010/01/07/world/AP-AF-Uganda-Gay-Death-Penalty.html

No comments:

Post a Comment