Friday, July 23, 2010

The End...

Well, the end of my journey in Africa (and hence the blog) is here, but I wanted to write one final time to thank you for your support this past year. It is surreal that I only have three days left in Zambia. What has made this year truly beneficial for me is not only that we were able to develop a sustainable program but that I was also able to learn and grow so much in the process.


Teacher Training

At the final tally, we were able to train 32 teachers in our teacher education curriculum this year while also being able to train 2 instructors who will guide the program once I depart. Based upon our rubric scoring of exemplary teaching traits, the teachers in our pilot program were able to make a 46% increase of those traits over the 8 months in which we mentored them. We were also able to note substantive changes in many teaching practices such as increases in experiential learning techniques used.


Back in the USA

It is time to move onto a different phase of my life though. For your information, I will arrive back in the USA next Tuesday, July 27th, and I will be speaking at two churches in Thomaston, GA, on Sunday, August 1st, if you are around and want to hear about my experiences. I will be preaching at New Life Church for the morning service and at First Baptist Church for the evening service. Feel free to contact with me if you want more information about those services. Also, feel free to contact with me when I arrive back in the USA as I will have approximately three weeks before I start school at Duke. During that time, I will be traveling around the Southeast but feel free to email or call me.


Thank you for making this program possible. It has truly been a blessed year, and I thank you so much for your encouragement and support. I truly believe that without your support we would not have been able to accomplish all that we did. Thank you!

1 comment: