Tuesday, February 9, 2010

“BUT I HAD TICKETS TO THE SUPERBOWL, JESUS!"

Presently, it is 1 a.m. on Monday morning, and I have just awoken to a new day. More important than that, I have just awoken to watch the SuperBowl. I am pumped! I forgot today was the SuperBowl until an American mentioned it to me, but when reminded, I immediately thought to myself, “You have not watched a football game the entire year. This is your last chance. YOU CAN’T MISS THE SUPERBOWL!” Not only is this the first time I have watched a football game, but this is also the first time I have watched TV in almost six months. There are a bunch of first happening right now...

Once Jesus asked one of his disciples why he was not in church. Jesus’ disciple told him that he was watching football, and when Jesus challenged him, the disciple retorted, “BUT I HAD TICKETS TO THE SUPERBOWL JESUS!”. Ok, that is not in the bible but that scene is in one of the funniest videos ever. (Click on this link or search Vintage 21 Jesus Films on Youtube to find the video. It is well worth your time.) My friends and I probably watched these movies at least 100 times in college. Some people call them sacrilegious, but I think they are great examples of the misconceptions that people have about Christianity.


Anyways, because I did not sleep last night guess what I am going to say to my boss tomorrow when he asks why I am sleeping at my desk. “BUT IT WAS THE SUPERBOWL, LAWRENCE!” Don’t worry Lawrence does not care one bit. I am watching the game in his house and sleeping on his couch. How many of you have that kind of relationship with your boss?

2 comments:

  1. I do!! My boss is VERY understanding when I don't feel like working. But I had no interest in the Super Bowl. Glad you got to see it though. Did Lawrence or David watch it with you? Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the blogs, David! I have read every one of them. Keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete