Thursday, December 17, 2009

Lusaka, Traveling, and Twilight

I arrived in Lusaka safely. Traveling is a lot different without Zambians to guide you everywhere. I find myself being more self-aware and nervous without Zambians around. I always think to myself: What am I really going to do if these policemen or policewomen stop me and want a bribe? It is a constant thought while traveling because you have to pass through many police check points. Recently, when Lawrence was traveling to Lusaka, a policewoman just straight up asked him for money. Lawrence did not break the law in any way. The policewoman just wanted money from him and asked him for it. Of course, he told her no, but needless to say, I don’t want to be in that type of situation without a Zambian present. Luckily nothing like that happened while traveling to Lusaka. Presently, I am sitting in the Lusaka airport waiting for Johnny and Michelle.


Johnny, Michelle, and I spent yesterday in Lusaka. We had to run around the city doing different errands, but it was a very enjoyable day. As always, Lusaka is a bustling city, but we have managed pretty well. We have seen two movies in the theater while being down here. It is hard to describe how relaxing it is to see a movie in Lusaka. It is a nice theater and a serious piece of heaven/America.


Michelle loves the Twilight series, just like every other girl I hear; therefore, we did see the new movie in the series. I knew nothing about this series before I saw the movie, but I will have to say that the movie kept my attention. This was only part two in a four part series so by the end of the movie I desperately wanted to know how the story concludes. I am neither going to wait for the movies nor read the books though; therefore, I read the story on Wikipedia. From what I read, I don’t like how it ends. I never thought I would blog about Twilight. What am I doing? I should delete this whole post. Well, it is 5:30 in the morning and we are off to Livingstone in 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment